TSAS currently has three 3D printers: an Ender 3 Pro, an Elegoo Saturn and a Prusa i3 clone, the Anet A8. Technical information on our Ender 3 and Elegoo Saturn is coming soon, and info on the Anet A8 is here. We started printing with a PrintrBot Play, since retired.
Want Something Printed?
- Find some 3D Model Sources, or make one. Note that a print cannot take longer than a school day—this means you probably cannot print a mask or large statue.
- Email it to Stallings
- Objects created by another artist not used for class cost $1.00 per print if printed on the Ender or Anet, $2.00 per print if printed on the Saturn
- There is no charge to print original objects (those created by you) or those used for a class
- Be sure to share your designs and creations in the Gallery!
- You may not print objects subject to trademark or copyright law
- No weapons, including blades or firearms (including non-working replicas) may be printed
- No object that would violate the student code of conduct may be printed
How to Build a Model and 3D Print in 4 Steps
- Head to SketchUp on a Chromebook or SketchUp on the Desktop
- Build the 3D Printing Badge
- Slice the badge
- Print it!
If you use these, tell us! We are always looking for better workflows.